How long is a counselling session?
- A counselling session is generally 50 minutes.
How many sessions are usual?
- There is no set number of sessions. The number of sessions will vary according to individual needs and will always be discussed as to what feels comfortable and appropriate. If you are referred via an insurance company, health provider or an EAP provider, often the number of sessions can be limited or specified by the provider.
How frequent are the sessions?
- Appointments are usually on a weekly basis. However this may vary according to individual needs and will be discussed at the commencement of sessions.
How much does it cost?
- I charge £48 for individual sessions, and £58 for couples. Reduced rates are available for counselling students.
Are the sessions confidential?
- All counselling appointments are confidential. The only time an exception to this may arise is if there was significant reason to believe that you or someone close to you was in danger, or where the law requires it. Counsellors are required to be in supervision in accordance with BACP's Ethical Framework and during this process clients details are always withheld to retain anonymity for the client.
Where are you located?
- I practise in Maidstone. My practice is right in the centre of town within easy access of both Maidstone East and Maidstone West train stations, and the main bus station. Disabled access is available.